The Meaning Behind the Name

I'm pretty sure at some point in our lives we have Googled the meaning of our names. If you say no to that, then rest assured that someone who stalks you probably has. 

A while ago I was told that my name means:


Victory to the People

And I think that's bloody brilliant! And so,I decided to do my own personal self-stalking and typed in "the meaning of the name Nikita" and this is what I found.

My name originates from two really amazing places: 


Greek and Russian

In Greek it means People's Victory or Unconquerable and in Russian it means Goddess of Victory or Victory of the People.


I am proud of the meaning of my name and it takes the closest friends (who have never judged me, that I can count on my one weensy hand) to know that the meaning behind the name fits through everything I have been through in the last couple of years. Sometimes I feel that in the lowest and hardest moments of my life that I will be defeated and that I can no longer make it through, but it's the small things, the people within my life and the couple good memories I have stored in my head that can get me through and can make me unconquerable through the trials of life.

Maybe today should be a day where you self-stalk your name? Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comments

Popular Posts