Reflections of You

Red On A Rose, playing in background as whispered feathers tickle,
Entwined this heart as soul searched meaning to one behind words.
Forever flowing through river's edges, memories should have spoke;
Love was here from eternity's beginning, for me even if not for you.
Each breath sears lungs as envy's aching overtakes what is left of me.
Can't you see how much I yearn to simply hold your hand?
Tonight, I saw crystal eyes, full of anger and jealousy...not of me...so...
I came home, shed a tear; played old country tunes; thought of you;
Only to realize, it doesn't matter for what is, is what it is and
Nothing can swipe slate of being clean; you are etched within me.
Simply viewing you from afar is good enough for the night and though

Others now notice and I have spoken, I'll stay at bay for another decade,
Forgiving my own deceptive mind for making me think what could be.

You ARE my best friend, the better part of me; the completion I need.
Only now that I have realized you are more and I am less, I shall
Utilize every tool ever made to hide these Reflections of You.



Author Unknown

Comments

Popular Posts