Betrayal or In That Moment

My heart stilled
Deeply cracked like parched earth
It crumbled into sand
My bones ached
Brittle as old drumsticks
Their breaking, a song of suffering
My skin ripped
Torn open with a lover's knife
Weeping pools of scarlet sorrow
My soul collapsed
Your words struck like a stick to the back of my knees
Bruising me, pushing me to the ground
And it was only the clock, chiming another hour
Which caused me coalesce
To take in another breath and scream
And it was only the clock, chiming another hour 
Which caused me to realize 
That you don't love me
And it was only the clock, announcing another day
Which caused me to perceive
That you will never return
And it was only the clock, heralding another year
Which caused me to understand
That you are happier without me




VivaRia

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts