100% Human

I got dressed to go and watch my cousin play rugby. It's no surprise that it was a last minute decision to join the family watch the match, and so I tied up my hair in the least greasy hairstyle, threw on the first items of clothing I could find, put on a pair of sunglasses and ran out after them. 

Once we were at the rugby field, my family had decided to be spontaneous. Usually a word that I am completely prepared for because 'spontaneous' is a word that is fully loaded with a numerous amount of options; but today, I was left completely naked and unprepared. 
Being the obedient niece I followed behind because opting for the unknown is much better than opting for sitting in the car for 2 hours waiting. 

We landed up in a pub and when my family had decided to sit inside, there was no excuse that could help me and off came my sunglasses. Exposing me to an entirely new world I had never, in my 27 years, experienced. 

I had absolutely NO make-up on. 

Nothing. No base, no powder, no eye liner, no mascara, no lipice - Nothing. 
I would have been happy with mascara considering that's the only make-up item I'd take with me if I was stranded on a desert island (waterproof, of course), but unfortunately I felt as naked as a naked person stranded in a pub during happy hour.

And what a liberating feeling it was. 

When I had taken my sunglasses off, I had already decided to "grow some balls" and do something I would usually have fled from. I expected everyone to turn around and point at me. I expected to hear whispers of "Look at that ginger. I can't believe she came out like that." And you may laugh, but I'm being dead serious. 

I was insecure, self-aware, unsure, unsexy and completely vulnerable... for 5 seconds, and then I decided "Fuck 'em".
I had two choices. 

  1. Run away like a child and hide in the bathroom until home time, or
  2. Try those big girl panties on for size.
And the big girl panties were much more comfortable than I could ever have imagined. They didn't ride up the wrong way and I wore them as proudly as if they were a Superman cape. 
I had a great time and I didn't notice if people were staring at me or not. I didn't care if people thought I was ugly or not. It felt good to go out and show my TRUE self to everyone in public, to strangers and not care. It felt great to be separated from the herd.

I want to go out again and be brave by not wearing make-up because it was thee most freeing moment of my entire existence  It made me feel more unique than any other night I'd been completely dressed up. 
If you would like to join me in going out and showing the world your true face, completely make-up free, then leave me a comment with your contact details. 

Allow yourself to be free | Make-up free.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts