Talking Fruit

It was the morning of my aunts birthday and the weather was balancing between sunshine and rain which left me hopping in and out of long jeans or shorts. 

I could hear screams from downstairs for us to wake up because my aunt needed, wanted, DEMANDED cake for breakfast and she was sick of waiting for us who were still galloping on unicorns over rainbows in our dreams. 
After singing happy birthday, eating fudge Victorian Sponge cake we were marched upstairs where the fight on what to wear began. Eventually I decided on shorts!... only to be greeted with morning showers on the way to our destination. 

Apparently every year on my aunts birthday she likes to go fruit picking, which in all truth wasn't something I had ever thought of doing. I mean, it's not like it's an uncommon thing to do, I just prefer sitting under an umbrella on a chair with my cocktail watching other people pick fruits, I never saw myself having to do this.
So when we arrived and got our little baskets, it was extremely surprising when we stopped at the strawberry patch and my inner hippy came out. I haven't had that much hippy overload for a looooong time. 

I found myself enjoying picking strawberries... in the rain...in shorts - who knew?!
It was one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. For me, it's my second favourite thing to walking through a book store and listening to the history coming off every book. Instead, I was surrounded by fruit that beckoning me to take them home with me. Needless to say I filled up my basket!


Basket for picking


Strawberries
Cuz Matthew and I in the rain
Me | Cuz JJ | Cuz Matt
Eat all the fruit!

Gooseberries.
They look nothing like goosberries

Raspberries
My pickings!
Cuzz JJ and Moi
After that it was a trip to the village where I saw a guy jamming tunes on his guitar. You see guys and their guitars all over England. I love it!



And the highlight of my day: snail mail


I only took this photo 'cause of the postbox


Comments

Popular Posts