The Backseat

[The Challenge: Write your most memorable experience in the back of a car.]

I can feel the wind as it knocks against the doors of the car, begging to join us. 
I can see the mist form on the glass as it tries to hide the inner happenings.
I can hear the ocean as it crashes to the shore, reminding us that it will provide our music tonight.

The digital clock tells us that it's still early but that the time we're waiting for is nearing. 
Out comes the packet that kept catching my eye and out comes it's secrets it hid so well. 
The lumo-purple bottle glistens with the moisture sliding off it and I can feel the grin on my face spread. 

Potency. 
Not one but two bottles were bought for the two guests at this private party.
I take mine and he takes his. 
Together we strip the bottle of it's protective cap and we begin to indulge.

No music. 
No light. 
No one else.
Just silence.
And Potency.

Then it begins.
Softly. Slowly. 
It bubbles up and hits us both hard. 
Tears run down our cheeks, we're bent over with pain.
The uncontrollable giggling takes us.

Draining the last drop from our bottles, we climb to the front of the car. 
The keys jingle and the engine roars.
We're no longer reliant on the time and we're no longer aware of anyone else's existence.
We race along the deserted, lamp-lit road with the music announcing our presence to the world.

The windows are completely open and Winter wraps it's chilling arms around us.
I'm half in the car and I'm half out the car.
The feel of the wind in my hair keeping me awake.

Eventually we stop. 
We park. 
We giggle.

Arm in arm we walk towards the looming door with it's terrifying bouncer watching our every move.
Arm in arm we allow ourselves to be swallowed into the room of music, lights, smoke and people.
Arm in arm, our night begins.
Arm in arm with an old best friend.

Found this video of that particular night. You have GOT to excuse it, this happened in 2006 but I couldn't resist uploading it :-)



Comments

Popular Posts