The Drug



It’s at times like these where I can feel the highlight of my night take over. 

The adrenaline is pumping and I feel dizzy from all the drinking, the occasional smoke sticks to the back of my throat helping me remain aware. 

It’s when I glance up and I’m spinning in a daze of night and light that I 
realize I’m at my peak. 

I can sense everything around me and as I speed up as I take the twists and turns with every movement of my body leaning into the tar. 

I smile and realize I’m happy, care-free and in a dream-like state where I question what is real and what is make-believe. 

It’s at times like these where I can feel the ice cold blade of death slice its way into my crisp, warm flesh and I welcome it so happily.

The reality is that it’s not really real. 

It’s at times like these when the twists and turns of real life allow my flesh to sink into the tar as I take each turn, allowing a piece of my flesh to remain behind. 

It’s at times like these when the cage of fear that usually wraps me snug inside a cocoon of comfort decides to break apart and leaves me to roam free into a world of chaos. 

I belong and I embrace it. 

It’s times like these when I feel the warm drip, drip against my skin and the coldness of reality sinks in and  I welcome the reality. 

Hello. 

It’s really real.
  

Comments

Popular Posts