Day Two Hundred and Twenty One

It's a Sunday and the word couldn't have more meaning in it as it has today. 

Everyone always starts their week on a Monday with new diets, new goals, new expectations and new promises to themselves. For me, Sunday seems to be that day. I start my new temporary job tomorrow and instead of looking forward to it and planning the entire days schedule before I know what my new boss has in store for me. I am left flopped on a couch with the curtains drawn, laptop in arms reach and series in the background thinking about the time I had to be... well.... free. 

I've been able to spend my time with the people who are the closest to me and have felt the feeling of being alive and living - though, at some point, we all know it would have to end - money can only extend so far before it leaves you dry and seeking the comfort of the old faithful desk again. 
Though I had all this time to do what made my heart happy, I still feel that it wasn't enough time (it was 2 months) because I look back and wonder if I could have done more with my days. But what? What would my heart really need to do in order for it to feel like it accomplished something? Can anyone really answer that honestly?

So today was a day to reflect upon freedom. 
Would I have wanted more time off? Yes
Would I have made it count? Erm... I'm not sure. 

Reflect upon freedom because tomorrow the time for me is gone and it's back to pleasing the new boss in my life, ensuring my desk is neat, the coffee made right, the numbers correct and so many more unimportant tasks.

Work.
Yes. It begins again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts