Day Two Hundred and Twenty Nine

Every journey begins with luggage and today my luggage looked like this:


Yes, you guessed it - I'm on holiday! The best part is that I'm not alone, my mother decided that we should go away for a girls week to escape the virtual world and the real world and let me tell you, my mom is a pure genius.

Our journey started as early as 5H30 as we ran around doing the last minute checks and packing the car with all our goods. My dad then took us to the airport where we posed for numerous photos - no, not because I'm obsessed with Instagram but because my mother and I decided to do something different (I think it's more cute than different), we dressed the same. The looks that we got from people around was literally the kick start to our holiday and set us off into giggling fits before we'd even gotten on the plane. 


Two hours and we had landed in cloudy, rainy and humid Durban - it was amazing. The heat literally knocked us off our feet in excitement and the thrill of being on a girls week away finally hit us. 

The hotel was exactly as I had remembered it and we had arrived at the hotel at 11H15, handed in our booking confirmation and.... waited and waited and waited. You guessed it, we ended up waiting two hours before we could get into our room and they only asked us if we would like to go into another room an hour after we had already been waiting. The tempers and frustrations started to rise and my mother and I set off for the cocktail tent while they sorted out our room - you've got to agree, it's the perfect solution.


When we finally got into the hotel, we unpacked, got our goodies and headed out for a walk on the beach towards the shops and restaurants where we found an incredible Italian place that served wine in glasses as big as my head - pure bliss.


The best part of my holiday?

Walking in the rain on the way back to the hotel in fits of giggles so strong we had to lean on each other to stop us from falling into the road.

A girl week away with my mom is just what I've needed.
 


The hotel is absolutely breath taking at night and I promise that tomorrow night I will have more pictures for you. You will be blown away with its beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts