Day Two Hundred and Thirty

Waking up to a view like this is bound to kick-start any day - no matter the amount of clouds screaming Good Morning:

The view from the hotel
 With no sun in sight, my mother and I decided to do what all women do best - shop! We called the cab company and made our way to Gateway where we were blessed with sales, sales and more sales.
Before the first store had opened their doors we had shuffled in and buried ourselves between the countless different materials screaming Buy Me! and manged to leave with our first purchase for the day - shoes and jeans. Already this had put a spring in our step and the smiles began to convert themselves into contagious grins that lashed out and attached onto frowning or yawning faces.


Mom outside Gateway | Sales!

After playing around at the games section of the mall and feeling our mood drop after an uneventful costume changing experience, we decided we needed a pick-me-up. Well, I decided that I needed a pick-me-up and therefore convinced my mother that she needed one too so off we walked into the first hair dresser that we found and booked ourselves in.



Next up was a round of shoe shopping - any women would tell you that shoes are a girls best friend. Why? I can already hear all the boys asking... Simple - shoes will always fit your feet, no matter how much chocolate and wine you indulge in, so it's shoes that we hunted for and boy did we find them! 

I walked away with four pairs of shoes after our shopping spree and I couldn't have been happier.


My Passion
Go on - admit it, you think those shoes are pretty damn hot too, don't you.

After rolling around in my passion... or weakness... for a good hour, I decided I should let my mom indulge in her... passion. 
Chocolate. 
If you've been to Gateway you'll have heard about the Cacao Chocolate Bar *giggles* I can see the drool dripping down your chin! They have the most amazing chocolate ANYTHING, but I have to give you a tip: 

Place your order very slowly and get the waitress to repeat herself.

I've never been there where they have gotten the order right, but it's still the top place to have lunch on any day - rain or shine.


My Moms Passion
And as per any holiday, it always closes off with cocktails, dinner and more cocktails.



Comments

Popular Posts