Day Two Hundred and Thirty One

So after I paid a fortune to get my hair treated and looking as good as it did when I was younger, I thought to myself 'Why stop there?' and so like any woman who goes on holiday to heal herself I booked myself in for a full set of gel nails. Yes. I'd bitten off all my natural ones and was starting to pick the skin around my thumbs to shreds because of all the stress I've been under lately, so gel tips and painted was exactly what I needed. 



If I thought that getting a new set of nails was going to be the highlight of my day, I was very mistaken. The owner of the Breakers Nail and Beauty Salon asked if I would mind being in a photoshoot that was taking place in the next 5 minutes. Of course I agreed - you would too if the shoe were on your foot. We walked into the set up and I had to pretend to be a client at a pamper party along with three other people and champagne in glasses - bliss - These photo's are being used in her new flyers and brochures and Michelle has promised to e-mail me a copy as soon as she finds one, so keep your eyes open!


The Scene

With the morning starting off on a higher note than I had expected, my mother and I did what we do best - we headed to the shops. Thankfully La Lucia Mall isn't nearly as big as Gateway and we finished up there pretty quickly... or so thought, we hopped into the cab and before I could say 'Back to the hotel please' my mother had directed him to take us to Gateway. 
We were both pretty exhausted after that and therefore decided we needed a drink to get our blood flowing and our energy rising. The first restaurant was John Dorys and so that's where we found ourselves with two bottles of Graca wine (they were half price that day - conveniently) and with the wine came tears. My mother and myself sat at the tables outside John Dorys and we cried over the family that we had lost because no matter how many years go by, you still miss them like crazy and it still hurts (Three years for my grandfather, two years for my sister and one year for my granny).


Tears and Wine


From there it was back to the hotel where we remained for a nap before waking up and wanting to do something fun and exciting. Yes, the wine was clearly still in our system and we were ready to obey. 

We grabbed our bikinis at 8:30PM and raced down the stairs towards the pool. 
It must be the first time in years that my mother went into the water, got her hair wet and swam around doing a doggy paddle like the other children at the hotel. We same for a good 30minutes and headed up to the room where we showered (not together) and where I happily flopped into bed and passed out.


It was a day filled with surprises - photoshoots, tears and my mom swimming with me - and it's a day that I'm going to remember forever.

Comments

Popular Posts