Day One Hundred and Fifty-Four

I attended a work farewell party for a very special man yesterday and when I had the chance to sit by myself  in the corner furtherest away from everyone, I took the opportunity to watch these people one by one. 

I took a moment to process and study the masks which they placed on their faces.
I took a moment to process how those masks became smudged and the truth streaked out,.
I took a moment to process how every person leads a good lie.
I took a moment to process how through other people's energy, people can draw on the need to act special.
I took a moment to process the change in everyone from stiff to comfortable.
I took a moment to process the steps of the wall being torn down, the brick caught before the last fall and replaced before anyone else noticed.

I took a moment. 
And I processed.




Comments

Popular Posts