Day One Hundred and Seven

A rainy, overcast day in JHB and the perfect day for my soul.

Apart from being bruised and extremely tired, I am grateful for the gift of learning to be calm because the calmness is acting as the healing agent for my soul and my spirit. Why am I grateful for this healing agent? Because my granny died one year ago on this day.


I remember standing by her bed and feeling my heart break at, what to me, was my first real loss. My granny was like a mother to me and to watch her spirit and energy leave her body was both scary and painful. 


I think finding this calming factor, however new it may be to me, is what is helping me through this day because without it I know today would've started off in one way only: Pain.
But I know that this day can begin in a positive way because my granny wouldn't want me being sad. Because my granny taught me so much that I can still hold onto her. Because my granny shared her life journey with me so many times that I can still hear her voice sharing those secrets and stories.


Though today is filled with heartache and sadness, it is filled with thankfulness and the small rays of sunshine that make this day worth living.

My grandfather and granny with their first born

My grandfather 

To see the blog written after my granny passed away, click HERE
To see the blog written after my grandfather passed away, click HERE


Comments

  1. I am proud and humbled to have shared this day with you, to see how you handled the day with quiet fortitude when it was needed, with proud resilience when madness and unreason shouted at you, with joy and humour when called on to share. The grace and dignity of your granny - whom I have never had the privilege to meet - lives on in you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts