A letter to my great-grandchild

The task: pick a small object to be given to your great-grandchild. Write a letter explaining to that child why you have chosen that object.

My dear light,

A gift no matter how small is just a gift, but once you accept that gift, it gains value through character. Character which you have chosen to give it.
I have for you, not one, but two small gifts, which when accepted and treasured become a single gift.

The first is a dark blue, leather bounded book called Little Women. This book was given to me by my mother and when I read it, I understood why.
A story of sisters, each with their unique personality, traits, passions and adventures.
I give this book to you because traits are not taught, they are caught. May your soul run off on an incredible adventure and I hope that along the way, you will catch the traits that will define you and allow you to shine through the mould.
When reading this book, I hope that you can see yourself in one or all of these sisters and that you can accept and develope the traits that define your character, that define you.


The second, is a ring I bought when I was 26 years old. The purpose for wearing this ring was to proudly flaunt to the world my individuality, my freedom, my character and more important my acceptance of being exactly who I was born to be when I was single and alone. This ring showed me that I was capable of relying on myself. That I was capable of drawing out my inner strength no matter how bad situations got.
This ring was bought by me, for me.


I hope that once you have discovered your true self, after the webs of life have wrapped themselves around you and have tried to conform you to their ways, that you will remember this book and remember this ring and know that you have both strength unfailing and love undying. That you will know you can overcome anything because of who you are. Because you have accepted who you are. Because you have believed in you.

Forever watching over you,

Granny Red

Comments

Popular Posts