Day Seventeen

Smiles


One of the worlds most contagious quirks.


You smile. The person you smile at, smiles. 
They smile. The person they smile at, smiles. 


A positive reaction which is seldom spread in this day and age. 


Driving to work, I simply stopped my car to allow two ladies to cross the road. They smiled at me as they skipped across the road and instantly my face lit up and I was glad I got out of bed.


"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."
Mother Teresa


Walking through the streets of Stellenbosch, a hungry beggar approached me with a frown and a simple pat to his tummy. I stopped into the local coffee shop and bought him a hot chocolate and a sandwich. 


When he saw it, he smiled.
When he smiled, I smiled.



"My tongue is smiling."
Abigail Trillin
A man sits on Dorp Street with his socks soaking wet and filled with holes. I step into the local shop and get him two pairs of winter socks. He grabbed them with a child's excitement when receiving a birthday gift and put them on his feet. 


When his feet were warm, he smiled. 
When he smiled, I smiled. 


"You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile."
Charles Chaplin


"It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime. We should all smile more often."
Steve Maraboli




Comments

  1. I wish more people would follow this example.
    I love the power of a smile. Keep it up pretty lady

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts