The Farewell



The pangs of reality hit home and I begin to realize that goodbye has been set into play.
Believing that nothing would really change, the assumption based upon the pages of the history we shared together, has now proved me wrong.

Walking on a path as lovers and moving forward through the steps of a broken relationship, naturally you’d think the next step would be friendship. 
Naturally, I assumed this.

For the first time I realize that no matter how my body moves to be your friend, how my mind is set on the hope of not losing a past that taught and matured the both of us, how my language adapts to the sharp and sometimes blunt edges of friendliness; I can feel the distance form between us like an invisible bag being blown up with hardness, distance, pain and numbness.

I realize now that perhaps the option of being friends is not an option at all. 
The invisible bag needs to be deflated so that healing can happen and the ease of friendship can come into our lives naturally. The history which I thought would make this easy, has turned this into a complication.

So with this, I wish you farewell.

Because with this, I have realized.




Comments

  1. In the pain, comes peace, and with the tears, forgiveness. Absolution comes when you can look back and smile without regret.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts